Use these tips to keep your washing machine in tip top shape and save yourself some money:
- Check your washing machine hoses regularly for various type of damage, including bulges, leaks or cracks, and get them replaced as soon as you notice anything!
- If your washing machine is over 3 years old, it is time to replace the hoses – these should be replaced approximately every 3 years.
- Keep your washing machine at least 4 inches from the wall to prevent damage to the machine and kinking to the hoses.
- Never leave the home while the washing machine is running.
- Run a wash with a full load and you could save up to 10 Litres per load
- Adjust the water level to suit the size of the load – newer water efficient models sometimes come with the ability to do this automatically.
- Consider purchasing a front loading washing machine
- Check the water efficiency performance of any product before buying.
If you have any concerns with the installation of a new washing machine, call Omega today on 1300 558 730. Our team of experienced, qualified technicians can provide you with advice on the most appropriate solution for your home.