Step one is to choose the right seat. Measure carefully. The toilet bowl or old seat and seat-fastening bolt mounting centers to make sure the new seat will be a good fit. Generally modern toilet seats will come in standard sizes and are identified as “oblong” or “round” shaped seats. From the front to back, round seats should be approximately 16 inches and oblong seats should be 18 inches.
Once you have identified the necessary dimensions for the seat you will have to consider a number of other factors:
- Common materials include:
- Plastic – durable and long lasting
- Polypropylene – durable and long lasting
- Cushioned vinyl – Least durable and prone to rips
- Molded wood and real wood.
- Most manufacturers will write down an estimated lifespan on the packaging, though certain products last better than others.
- Colour options:
- White and Ivory are readily available
- Alternative colours exist though are harder to find
- Patterned toilet seats and resin seats inlaid with objects such as seashells are available can be made to order
Additional features you can look at include:
- A slow-close toilet seat – designed to prevent the lid slamming onto the seat. They are safer and quieter options.
- Heated seat surfaces
- Warm water streams
- Warm air drying
Sit without fear! Speak with our friendly team of customer service representatives today on 1300 558 730.