The right dryer is different for every family and household. Lifestyle factors and household specifications make picking a system a very personal choice. We have compiled a list of points to consider when choosing your new dryer.
Dryer systems are built with different efficiencies. The efficiency is measured by how well it performs at a low operating cost.
- Compact Units – As low as 3.4 cubic feet.
- Standard – A standard full size dryer ranges from 5.8 – 8.3 cubic feet.
- Mega-Capacity – As high as 9 cubic feet.
- Still not sure? A good rule of thumb is to choose a dryer with double the capacity of your washing machine.
Must-have dryer features:
- Moisture sensors – Allow you to adjust the drying time and sometimes customise the level of dryness, drying time and energy use.
- Cool-Down Period – At the end of the drying cycle this will reduce wrinkles and you on ironing.
- Temperature Options – Customising the temperature will allow you to save energy by only using what is needed.
Features that are nice to have:
- Sound Reduction Options – If the dryer is going to be located near a bedroom or any other room that you want silence in, there are dryer options with low noise levels.
- Lint Filter Location – A lint filter needs to be cleaned before each use. By having it somewhere easily accessed, you will be more likely to clean it.
Short on space? There are stacking options available for your dryer and washing machine. Depending on the brand, you may have a range of options available to you. Certain brands come with stacking kits for their washers and dryers. If you cannot find a stacking kit for your dryer, rubber non-slip mats are available to help reduce noise and movement. Make sure the ground is level in the laundry. This is doubly important if you will be stacking the dryer and washing machine.
Need help with installing a washing machine or dryer? Speak with our friendly team of customer service representatives today on 1300 558 730.