More Australians are starting to enjoying the benefits of natural gas heating – are you?
- Heating your home with natural gas is cheaper, keeping you cozy in the winter months without burning a hole through your wallet.
- Natural gas is better for the environment than coal-based electricity, producing less green house gases.
What to consider when installing a new heating system:
- What is your climate? The colder the region, the more powerful the system is recommended.
- How big are the areas that you wish the heat? Consider the size of your house and the areas you wish to heat.
- How good is your insulation? Having a well insulated house can make a big impact on your heating bills.
Types of heating systems:
- Gas Ducted (Central) Systems can heat up your whole house through a network of ducts. Fan forced ducts are run through the roof or under the floor and fill rooms with warm air. Through zoning, you can choose what areas or rooms to heat, not wasting energy heating up rooms with no one in them.
- Flued (Non-Portable) Heaters are great for heating up large areas, live your living room. If you have a fire place in your home, a flued heater is an ideal replacement if you are looking to upgrade.
- Unfluded (portable) Heaters are great for small rooms and are easy to move or store due their lightweight and size. They are not recommended for colder climates, however.
If you want to know more or have any questions on your mind, you can give the professionals a call at Omega today on 1300 996 529. We will be able to talk with you about gas, or have a member of our team come to you to help set you up with gas.