An exhaust fan provides a range of benefits to the home. A home filled with pollutants and stale air can contribute to a range of health issues. Factors contributing to a home environment polluted with bad air include mould, moisture, dust, smoking, pets, mildew, dust, mites, bacteria, cleaning materials and sprayed beauty products. A warm, moist environment is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria.
The easiest way to keep the air in your home clean is to remove keep the air fresh and dry with the use of an exhaust fan in your bathroom, toilet, kitchen and laundry. Some of the main benefits include:
- Improved indoor air quality – fans provide an environmentally friendly space, lessening the chance of family health problems and providing fresher smelling air.
- Reduced future maintenance and remodeling expenses – Ignoring the harmful effects of humidity in a bathroom or laundry can result in deterioration of walls, doors, fixtures and cabinets. The moisture can lead to mould growth, structural damage, peeling paint and rusting.
- Prevent surfaces from fogging up – Leaving the fan running for 20 to 30min after you have had a shower to remove as much of the moisture from a room as possible. Installing a kitchen stove exhaust fan prevents windows fogging and walls being coated in cooking smells and oils.
- Keep your family happy and healthy – Moisture in the air leads to the growth of toxic black mould. Growth of bacteria in a warm, damp environment can also exacerbate respiratory conditions.
Factors to consider when choosing an exhaust fan:
- Sizing – The cubic feet per minute of air movement needs to be determined, whether you've got a small or large bathroom.
- Location – Place fan near the shower and toilet. Also include a fan inside any separate toilet space.
- When to use the fan – Leave the fan running for 20 to 30 minutes after you've used the shower. Run stove exhaust fans while cooking and for 10-15min after cooking.
For assistance on choosing and installing the correct exhaust fan solution call Omega Service Solutions today on 1300 558 730!