Summer saving tips
Bathroom. Almost 20% of household water consumption is in the bathroom.
1. Having the tap on while you brush your teeth uses 4300 litres of water per person a year so don’t forget to turn it off.
2. Keep showers down to 3 minutes. Every minute you cut saves up to 20 litres.
Kitchen. Around 6% of household water consumption is in the kitchen.
1. Instead of putting your vegetables under running water put either a plug in the sink or use a bowl.
2. Only use your dishwasher when it is full.
Garden. Watering the garden on average uses a massive 43% of household water.
1. When washing your car, do it on the lawn. This way you are washing your car and watering the grass at the same time
2. For washing the car, use a bucket rather than leaving the hose running. A hose uses 20 litres a minute.
Dripping taps. A dripping tap can be a big waster of water and money. It can waste more than 24,000 litres a year.
1. Turn the tap off tight
2. Changing the washer. A simple job easily installed by your plumber.
Need a hand? If you need some help saving water this summer and you need the complete peace of mind that comes when hiring a fully licensed, professional plumber, then call Omega today on 1300 637 797 and book.