As hot water systems appear to be complicated, many people block their ears and close their eyes. However, basic maintenance is easy.
Here is a list to help keep you out of hot water this winter:
• Replacing the sacrificial anode every 5 - 7 years
In our experience the sacrificial anode is the biggest single cause of premature hot water service failure. Just by replacing your sacrificial anode every half decade will extend the life of your hot water service by ten years and more.
• Have the tempering valve maintained, tested and certified every year
• Flush the temperature and pressure relief valve every 3 - 6 months
This is very important because if the left uncheck your hot water system can build up pressure till it blows up! It is easy to fix and you can do it yourself!
• Replace the temperature and pressure relief valve every 3 - 4 years
If the valve is dripping it is likely that it will need replacing
• Clear out all of the minerals and sediment that over time build up in the bottom of the storage tank every 3 - 5 years
• Replace the expansion control valve every 3 - 5 years
These are very simple procedures, although, they must be performed by a licenced plumber. At Omega Service Solutions too often we see busted hot water systems that could have been prevented by getting regular check-ups. Don’t risk having to spend thousands, get your check up today!
Need a hand?
If you need some assistance staying warm this winter and you need the complete peace of mind that comes when hiring a fully licensed, professional plumber, then call Omega today on 1300 637 797 and book to prevent your house from moisture damage.