- Switch appliances off at the wall. TVs, DVD players, computers, stereos and game consoles still use energy in standby mode.
- Use energy saving globes. Switch your old lights to energy-efficient compact fluorescent globes or downlights.
- Set your fridge temperature to 4-5 degrees and freezer between -15 and -18 degrees Celsius. Keep fridges and freezers in a cool, well-ventilated spot away from heat to save electricity and keep a five-centimeter gap around your fridge so air can circulate freely.
- Only run the washing machine or dryer on full load. Use cold water to wash clothes and spin them thoroughly before drying.
- Use a clothesline instead of a dryer wherever possible. Only use a dryer with a full load and when clothes are wrung well first.
- Close the doors to unused rooms to reduce the area you need to cool or heat.
For more tips on how you can reduce your power bill, call Omega on 1300 637 797